12-14 juvenile Limia sp. 'tiger' -"we eat diatoms!" - $10 for all

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Sharon Page, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Sharon Page

Sharon Page Member

I BAP'ed my Lima tigers, then moved males and females to separate tanks. As I knew might happen, one of the females went on to have another batch of fry. I only have three tanks, so I need to rehome these (un-sexable) juveniles before the females reach breeding age around 11/28.

These Limia 'tigers' EAT DIATOMS!!! I moved the fry to a tank full of diatoms, and they vigorously eradicated them in the space of a week. (I'm not sure if this is a juvenile trait or continues as adults; all my adults are in diatom-free tanks). Lima 'tigers' are community friendly, non-aggressive, won't harm plants, and do not eat fry. Both males and females reach about 2" and are gold-ish with black stripes from birth.

These guys number around 12-14 and are healthy and ready to go now. I'd prefer to see them go as pets and not feeder fish.

I will be out of town for the Nov. MAAH auction, so that's not an option. If interested, please contact me here or email sharonpagey@gmail.com. I will bag them up, but you must pick them up in McFarland.
  2. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

I am out of town all week, but if you are around next weekend and you still have them, then I can pick them up.
  3. Sharon Page

Sharon Page Member

I just sold them--they're all gone now. Dave, if the females I separated from the males 2 months ago have any additional offspring, I'll let you know!
  4. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

no worries