ACA

Discussion in 'BAP question and answer' started by SteveS, Nov 10, 2016.

1. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Are we still registered with the ACA with our cichlid BAP?
  2. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

We have to submit the cichlid spawns each year, I believe that runs on a calendar year.
  3. Patrick G

Patrick G Active Member

Yes they run on a normal calendar year, and we still submit them.
  4. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Ok. I breed alot of cichlids and am interested in where I would place . Bucket list fish goal .
  5. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

Did anyone submit to the ACA for 2015? I didn't.
  6. Marine590622

I don't know? It is calendar year, correct?
  7. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

Yes, the ACA runs on Jan to Dec. So you have to take the end of one of our seasons and the beginning of the next season to submit for ACA cichlid BAPs. Andy Hudson was the contact.
  8. Marine590622

I wonder if we can still submit the 2015 totals as well as the 2016 totals? Andy you out there?
  9. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

I don't do it anymore. Scott Mclaughlin has been in charge of it since January.

I emailed him about it a couple of weeks ago. He told me certificates were mailed out but I haven't seen mine for MAS either.

There was discussion of discontinuing the program over the summer but a few months ago Scott said he was going to continue. I haven't seen anything since then.
  10. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

I looked on Scott's pdf of the results and I did not see an MAAH entry for 2015. I am thinking your entries probably got lost in the changeover. That may be why you didn't see certificates.
  11. Marine590622

Right but can we submit our results for 2015 now and get the certificates belatedly?
  12. Marine590622

And is it the spawn date, or the submission date we would work from?
  13. Marine590622

FWIW the Attached files would are provided. The file for 2016 is only through our Oct submissions so that will need to be edited.

Andy can you email or PM me Scotts email address? Thanks.

Attached Files:

14. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Wondering if anyone contacted ACA to see when we need to get our submitions in for a calendar year. I see they just passed out awards but I haven't found out what season that counts for. Between Jan 2016 and November 2016 I bapped 34 spawns of cichlids in our club. There might not be a huge amount of people that breed alot of cichlids in our club but I myself would like this to happen and I think a few others would like to see where they rank and the club as a whole
    Sean S likes this.
  15. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

If help is needed with this I will volunteer to do this for future submitions if this year's deadlines passed. Just point me in the right direction and I'll contact who I need to . I have free time
  16. Marine590622

I am in contact with the individual who took this over from Andy. We missed 2015 because of the switch over from one bap chair to another. I have given him our 2015 list. I just need to get the Nov 2016 submissions added to the list I already have and I can email that to him as well. I thank you for the offer of help but I think I have it.

Patrick, if you could bring the bap submissions for Nov to the Holiday party I will finish the year and get the spreadsheet updated and the list for the ACA completed. Thanks.
    SteveS likes this.
  17. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Thanks for the update Randy.
  18. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Any updates if this has been confirmed as sent to the ACA? We only have until June 1, to send in all 2016 cichlid spawns . Last update on this was checking for errors before sending it in to them