BAP update October 2018

Discussion in 'BAP question and answer' started by SteveS, Oct 26, 2018.

1. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

2. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

I still have a couple to add but i have the majority of your BAPs and current scores entered. Let me know of any errors or additional fixes i need to make
    bahamafj11 likes this.
  3. rbk

rbk Member

Here's my situation: I have fry from three separate spawns of P. Scalare.
    From reading the BAP rules it sounds like I can BAP one unique phenotype from each spawn. Does this sound right?

Second question: They won't quite be up to size for November. Since there are no BAPs in December and they will be too old in January, can I still bring them in? If so, which is best, November or January?
  4. rbk

rbk Member

On a related note, my previous BAP of Angelfish should be called Hybrid Dark Standard Fin or Just Hybrid Dark, not whatever I wrote before. Could someone update this on the spreadsheet?
  5. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Richard, you would be allowed to bring them in in January.

Note: in January we will be moving the meeting to the
    Second Saturday instead of the third because of a conflict with the venue.
  6. rbk

rbk Member

Thanks Randy
  7. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Im waiting on a few of the sheets yet to fill in the rest of october . I dont have them yet but i can add you asap as i know what you bapped now.

You can BAP color forms of angelfish from multiple spawns. Only thing I look at is if they are an established known form and not something made up. Even then its pretty open to suggestions on ornamental color forms of a species of angelfish. BAP is to encourage breeding of fish for club revenue so im pretty easy going on color forms of angelfish, guppies, swordtails, platys, ect. I wont accept unknown hybrids like if someone crossed one species with another and gave it a fancy name. If you think they are movable size for November that is fine. I would say about dime size is fine with fins fitting in that size range. If your not sure put a couple extra in the bag and that would be fine. Only thing that matters really is over the 45 day mark and be able to move the fish safely where they wont die from being fragile.
    bahamafj11 likes this.
  8. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

9. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

10. rbk

rbk Member

Steve,

Please remove the 2019 BAP entry you just made and change the 2017 entry to Hybrid Dark from Dark.
  11. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

So no new BAP ? I see what you mean now. I thought it was a new BAP you brought in for October. Ill change it. I didn't have the october sheets to go by.