breeding cories the maah way

Discussion in 'Catfish and Bottom Dwellers' started by SteveS, Aug 28, 2016.

1. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

I tried the oak leaves packed in tight in a ten gallon like a few of you suggested I try. I seen just now Corydoras axelrodi juvies coming out to feed. Good size on these guys already after only setting this up 5 weeks ago. I tried many ways with this species and nothing worked good as this. This made breeding this c class cory easy as an endlers or guppy . Don't have do anything but feed and water change with tap water. I also have plenty of shultzei type black this way. This is the only way I'm going to try and breed cories from now on. Thanks guys .
    Megan and Tom like this.
  2. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

It does not work with all of them, but I always start there.
    SteveS likes this.
  3. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

I'll keep getting tips from you on other cories . Nothing much was happening except a few eggs here and there that I would maybe get a couple fry out of . Now I have cories laying eggs a lot more often than before. Asking for help worked out good for me. Next project are those lazer cories I got from the auction that you bapped . They Are Good Size .
  4. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

The gold lasers are a fall to spring spawner in my fishroom.... daily blackworms, meat pie, spawn and grow, teds most excelent gel food, or bottom scatcher as well. Plenty of leaf litter and tons of floating mops. In my fish room they lay the eggs on the glass but if you have lots of mops they place the eggs on the glass behind a mop. I even sometimes find eggs in the mops, but mostly on the glass. I was doing rainwater changes, and an unheated bottom row tank.
    SteveS likes this.
  5. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

Fry love that slimey leaf goop!
    SteveS likes this.