Bucephalandra

Discussion in 'Group Order' started by Marine590622, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

I just talked with Mark from Mark of Excelence aquatics. I am looking to see what kind of interest we can get in a group order. He promises (and I can attest he will beat anyone elses prices)
    Any one else interested?
  2. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

3. imprezars

imprezars Active Member

I would be interested!
  4. Megan

Oh, wait, I didn't see it was for a specific kind of plant. Could I order other things besides Bucephalandra?
  5. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

I would probably get some.
  6. Natives2WI

Natives2WI Well-Known Member

Not to sound mean, but with someone recently posting in the FOR SALE section these plants, wouldn't it be more beneficial to buy local members stuff?
  7. Megan

Aren't both in MKE?
  8. Natives2WI

Natives2WI Well-Known Member

idk who Mark is.. I know I am getting 2 from the guy who posted in FS section.
  9. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Mark is from Indianapolis or that general area.
  10. Megan

I was mistaken then.

Honestly, the MKE persons plants are not any I'm willing to spend that much money on, but I don't keep shrimp either, and I've heard those plants are popular with shrimp keepers.
  11. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Actually Megan those plants are nice to have in any aquatic set up. They stay small grow slow and you can put them under any light. I love these plants and have many varieties. They can be a little pricey but they make a great foreground plant. Vang has some of the best varieties and for very reasonable prices. I have got quite a few plants from him.
    Vshrimp likes this.
  12. Megan

Hmmmm... I guess I might have to look into them. I am so bad with plants, however, I hate to invest a ton of money into them. I actually managed to kill Anubia.
  13. Megan

Of course the mbuna I had at the time helped their demise along....
  14. Vshrimp

Vshrimp Member

Hello everyone. Just to introduce myself. Names Vang and yes I'm the MKE guy. Lol. Some of you have bought some of my buces from facebook and some had contacted me about being interested in them. I can attest to you guys the prices I'm offering are belowwhat I bought them for and I'm really not making any money back from buying them in the first place. Really just trying to make room and try to spread the word about these plants. I know looking at the prices on these plants are scary but they are really easy going beautiful plants and well worth it. Anyways enough about me and about Mark. He has some of the best prices on buces. Bought quite a few from him in the past for cheap prices. LARGE clumps too. Heck! Probably 40% of my buces come from him. Really recommend doing a group buy-in with him as he'll probably give you guys a really great deal.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  15. Marine590622

And I made sure to invite Vang to get in on this. Mark is putting a list together for me and I will post here when I get his list and yes he has other plants available.
  16. Megan

Hi Vang,

I didn't mean to imply your prices were too high, just that if I'm going to take a chance on killing plants that expensive there are other choices I'd make than buces, although Jeff is right, they are cooler plants than I originally realized, so maybe I'll change my mind.
  17. Vshrimp

Vshrimp Member

oh no harm done and your right. Its an expensive plant to kill if that's the intent lol.
  18. Marine590622

I have to rattle Marks cage tonight. I would like the order to arrive in time for the April Meeting.