Cataclysm 2017 Rental tanks.

Discussion in 'Cataclysm 2017' started by Marine590622, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

This year we want to set up rental tanks in the vendor room. Ted has a bunch of 20s and 15s we can rack up.

I need to plan the racks so I am looking to find out what other tanks folks can donate and or lend to the club for the rental tanks.
  2. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

What sizes are you looking for?
  3. tjudy

tjudy Executive Board Staff Member

If the bulk of the tanks are those I will donate, then think along the lines of racks to fit multiples of 24" or multiples of 30", all 13" wide shelves. It is hard to plan a rack for that size and smaller, like 10's, unless you plan to deck the shelves with plywood... which would bigly increase the cost.
  4. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

Didn't Eric say he'd build the racks?
  5. Scott Wiersema

At the EIAA shows they buy a bunch of two by fours for a temporary shelf (no cutting or nailing) and return them at the end if the event.
  6. Marine590622

And we do normal orientation, not end out correct?
  7. Marine590622

Did he? I did not remember that.
  8. tjudy

How do the stick stay together under the weight of the tanks?
  9. tjudy

front-out is best for this purpose, especially with 20L tanks. If we were doing 10's, end out might work ok.
  10. Megan

Randy - yes. So check with him. I was sitting next to him, but you might not have heard him where you were sitting.
  11. Megan

Unless you'd rather do it. I'm sure he wouldn't mind that.
  12. Scott Wiersema

I believe they use the 2 by 4s with sawhorse with them laying on the narrow sides. You could use twine or straps to hold them together. This is for one layer. Cinder blocks could be used for a second layer. I will double check. They up to twenty gallon tanks in the display. Bigger tanks you must bring your own stands..

My point is four inch thick piece of wood would be strong. If you wanted two or three three shelves it would be different.