Corydoras roll call – who has what in this club?

Discussion in 'Catfish and Bottom Dwellers' started by duxallinarow, Feb 17, 2013.

1. duxallinarow

duxallinarow Active Member

Corydoras axelrodi (Axelrod's Cory) / J. transcriptus tank
    Corydoras caudimaculatus (Tail Spot Cory) / Katy’s community tank
    Corydoras duplicareus / P. taeniatus tank
    Corydoras melanotaenia (Green & Gold Cory) / single species tank
    Corydoras paleatus (Peppered Cory) / large P. pulcher tank
    Corydoras schwartzii / M. ramirezi tank [German Blue rams]
    Corydoras similis (Smudge Spot Cory, Violet Cory) / small P. pulcher tank
    Corydoras weitzmani / Poecilia wingei (Endler’s livebearers) tank
  2. gordon

gordon Active Member

I have six C89
  3. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

C. Trilineatus x 6 and a bunch of different aged fries
    C. Aeneus x 1 albino, x 1 green
    Cw 010 x 1
    C. Pygmaeus x6-8
  4. Eric N

Eric N Member

C. paleatus
    C. sterbai (albino)
    C. duplicareous
    C 089
    CW 010
    CW 016
    C. ? (unnamed brazilian corys from Frank Falcone)
    Aspidorus albator
  5. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

Corydoras sterbai
    Corydoras ehrhardti
    Corydoras weitzmani
    Corydoras melini
    Corydoras leopardus
    Red Lazer Cory's (CW-010)
    Scleromystax barbatus

Andy
  6. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Off the top of my head.

C rabuti
    C melini
    C sterbai
    C swartzi
    c100
    c120(due in a few weeks from Frank Falcone)
    C> similis
    C. paleatus
    C. duplicarous
    Aspidorus albator
    C. trilineatus
    C. aeneus
    C. hasbrousous (spelling?)
    C. arculatus (spelling?)
  7. Rick

Rick Member

Hey!
    I'm only two months late, but here is my list.
    schwartzi
    melini
    paleatus
    sterbai
    punctatus
    loxozonus
    metae
    melanistus
    I might have 1 or 2 more.
  8. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

Corydoras duplicareus (6)
    1 unknown from my daughter's old tank named "Mr. Fuzzy".
    JohnH and Cinnamonsticks like this.
  9. Rick

Rick Member

When my heater stuck I had a lot of Mr. Fuzzys AND Mrs. Fuzzys
    Cinnamonsticks likes this.
  10. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Grimey material to me!
  11. RMC

RMC Member

I see I'm in the wrong Wisconsin city for good Cory talk! I'm a little late to the post but here goes.
    Aspidoras spilotus- 12 adults -100+ fry
    Aspidoras C118 - 3 adults - 30+ fry
    Aspidoras ? (possibly albater sp. "black fin" - working with Eric Bodrock to figure it out now) - 3 adults - 10+ fry
    Brochis splendens - 4 adults
    C. adolphi - 5 young adults
    Longfin C. aeneus - 20 adults 100's of fry
    C. cf. arcuatus 1 adult(looking for more- it's a skunk cory with gold between the stripes on top)
    C. axelrodi - 5 young adults
    C. bilineatus - 6 adults
    C. cf. brevirostris (Columbia) 6 adults -got these from aquatic clarity (he told me C. brevirostris don't come from Columbia, lol) I believe they are C154 but not 100% on that yet
    C. concolor - 6 young adults
    C. ehrhardti - 6 adults 12 large fry
    C. habrosus 4 adults including "Sammy Davis" my one-eyed habrosus that's been in my tanks for years! (The only fish I have ever named, and probably will ever name)
    C. leopardus - 6 adults
    C. metae - 6 adults 10+ fry
    C. napoensis -4 adults
    C. oiaquapensis - 6 young fish
    C. pygmaeus - 6 adults
    C. reticulatus - 5 adults
    C. schulzei black - 7 young adults
    C. similis - 2 adults
    C. sterbai- 8 adults - 30+ fry
    C. trilineatus - 1 adult
    C. weitzmani - 7 adults 50+ fry
    C. zygatus (sold as C. rabauti, but I'm pretty sure they're not, only getting fry will be able to make it 100%)
    Scleromystax Barbatus- 5 young adults
    CW023 or CW014 -"they're the same fish" - Ian Fuller - Creator of the CW system. "Red laser Corys" - young adults
    CW008 - gold line elegans - 5 adults
    duxallinarow and Cinnamonsticks like this.
  12. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

holy corycat!
  13. duxallinarow

wow. Do you keep them in species only tanks? Community tanks? Wading pools in your back yard? Got a favorite? How'd you get into cories? Do I ask too many questions?
  14. RMC

RMC Member

I have about 40 tanks in my basement, I keep many in species only tanks- typically 10s and 20s. Usually combine the younger groups in 20's or larger. They aren't ready to breed yet anyways. I keep some groups in divided "long" tanks- e.g. 20 longs, 33s. That way if one group starts laying eggs it sometimes prompts the others to start- hormones in the water maybe? I also have a bunch of dedicated "fry" and "growout" tanks. I've liked Cory's since I was 7, got really into them after getting a few species to breed in the past 2 years. I've only bred 9 species so far and am really just getting started. Im by no means a "master" there are a few people out there that have bred more than 50 sp. of cory, and one guy thats bred 130! really like aspidoras right now, but my favorite changes all the time :)
    duxallinarow likes this.
  15. duxallinarow

Very cool. I'm just starting out with cory's, and think they have great personalities (it pains me to see LFS employees selling single cory's to people). I like the subtle differences in coloration and their "good manners" in a mixed tank. I get a lot of my advice from Planet Catfish, but if you have any other resources to recommend, I'd love to know about them.
    Cinnamonsticks likes this.
  16. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

I <3 corycats!

Personalities, yes... One of my c trilineatus is my second boyfriend. He is a great little guy. We got into a fight, but we are doing well.
  17. RMC

RMC Member

Planetcatfish.com is amazing. Another free resource is Eric Bodrock's site alloddballaquatics.com. If you are really crazy (like me) you can join Corydorasworld.com. It is a site with a forum and loads of pics and information about corys based in England. The owner is Ian Fuller (the guy that has bred 130 different sp.) and he does a pretty good job of making sure all questions get answers, etc. It costs about $20 a year to join. I did it for the first time this year, and I haven't decided whether it's something I'm going to do every year or not yet. Ian has written several books with Hans Evers (of Amazonas magazine) They are a really good and accurate Cory resource as well, but a bit pricey. You can get signed copies of those books from Eric Bodrock from his site or on aquabid - that way you don't have to pay overseas shipping. Scotcat.com has a lot of catfish info, as do several other German and English sites (use Chrome with google translator for the german ones - works great!). That's about all I know. I think someone should start a better U.S. cory/catfish club or website with a forum, but it hasn't really been done yet, or if it has it didn't last.
    duxallinarow likes this.
  18. duxallinarow

If I may speak for all ... we figured that out. ;)
  19. duxallinarow

Fantastic sources! Thank you! Hmmm, ClubCory.
  20. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Now that Frank Falcone is backing off you are in the running for the go-to guy for Corries. What city are you in Milwaukee? Any chance you might consider coming to one of our meetings? If so announce ahead of time what you would have for sale, You have fish on your list I would love to add to what I am working with, and I am still struggling to get my corries to spawn faithfully, so I would love to pick your brain.