Double aquarium tanks, stands and filters

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Megan, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

Catfish Cataclysm is just 211 days away! We are holding a Dutch auction rather than live auctions Saturday and will be using several double aquarium setups. These setups will include poret foam matten filters from Swiss Tropicals, two tanks, and a stand which will hold both tanks. We are offering these setups for presale before the event, to be picked up on Sunday Sept 15 at noon.
    https://catfish-cataclysm.com/shop/
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. Sharon Page

Sharon Page New Member

I'm trying to figure out if any of these would fit in the free space in our house. As a fish newbie, I don't understand how the two tanks fit on a stand. Is it a metal stand with two levels, so there's an upper and lower tank? Or are the tanks side-by-side on a metal or wood stand (with or without cupboards). Could you possibly link to a photo showing a similar setup? What other equipment is needed to run the Poret filter? An air pump and airline, a powerhead, or something else? I watched a video on Poret filters, and it is still a total mystery. Thanks.
  3. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

It's a 2 tier stand so one tank is on the top and another is underneath. The poret filter can be used with either a air supply or a powerhead, most people I know use a air pump to run them. Hope that helps.
    Sharon Page likes this.
  4. Sharon Page

Sharon Page New Member

Thanks, that's very helpful!
  5. Megan

The stand is going to be made out of wood. I'm not sure of size, it is the size bigger than a 2" x 4'. I think it is a 4x6.
  6. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Do you know what they plan on leaving for clearance between the top of the bottom tank and the bottom of the wood support above it? I know that can make a big difference to some people.
  7. Megan

Randy and Dan are building them, so I'm sure they will allow for that.