Egg anti fungal agents

Discussion in 'Freshwater Health, Disease and Nutrition' started by AssassinJimmie, Jan 29, 2015.

1. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

i was reading an old thread and I came across someone recommending using hydrogen peroxide to prevent eggs from getting all fungusy. I've never herd of that before. Is this common, safe, and or effective? If it is safe and effective what is a recomended dosage?
  2. waterboy

waterboy Active Member

Lots of Angelfish breeders use it instead of methylene blue. The dose they use is 2 mil per gallon and re-dose every 12 hours.
    Works just as good as methylene blue. Also works good on that black algae.
  3. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

It's important to keep redosing it. It has a very short residency time.
  4. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

Cool. Thanks. I just got two viable Angel pairs and I was doing some research before I have eggs and not after I found them For once.
  5. waterboy

waterboy Active Member

Another option is Jungle Fungus Clear tabs that you can buy at Walmart. I put the eggs in a gallon jar with 1/2 a tab. Works great, turns the water blue, stops fungus, and doesn't harm the wigglers.
  6. TANK

TANK Active Member

I use Moroxy made by Mardel works great.
  7. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

I have been using Jungle Binox for a long time now and it works really well. (It's acriflavin based). Not sure if it's still available as my jar has to be 10 years old.
  8. rbk

rbk Member