First Clearance Sale Days - May 13-14

Discussion in 'Ted's Fishroom' started by tjudy, May 4, 2016.

1. tjudy

tjudy Advisory Board Staff Member

The new fishroom will be running in my basement by next week, and then I will be able to start clearing out the remaining fish and some fixtures from the current fish room. The first open house to do that will be on May 13 and 14, from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM each day. The address for the fish room is 900 Veterans Road, Stoughton, WI.

There will be some tanks, filters and other equipment available to purchase. The main goal is to move out all the remaining livestock. If there are tanks that you want to buy that still have livestock in them, you may purchase the equipment and pick it up after I have been able to empty it. Here are the racks and display tanks that are still available. I will not take pre-orders for individual small tanks. There should be plenty of them available after the people who want whole racks have picked what they want:

110 gallon aquarium with custom southwest-style cabinet stand $200
    150 gallon set up with Custom Aquarium cabinet stand and Seamless Sump Filter system $900
    3/4 hp regenerative blower $250
    4-zone automated water change manifold with Rain Bird controller (I cannot fully describe how much of a PITA this is to build) $100

Rack systems (includes tanks, most of which are drilled, with bulkheads)
    4x20L, 4x15, 5x10 - all end out, top drilled in back center, on rack (58"x30"x 76" tall to top of top tanks... rack can be easily shortened) - $180 (10 9 6 5 available)

The second clearance day will take place on the weekend of June 10-11. That will be the freebie day... anyone who comes to help me empty the building can haul stuff to their car or the dumpster... your choice. That will be stuff that I do not anticipate being able to sell, and will include lots of pipe with air/water emitters, old heaters, old filters, some decorations, etc...
    Aquaticus, Tom, jcvang and 1 other person like this.
  2. tjudy

Just a reminder that the first clearance open house will be this coming weekend. I am moving fish our to my new fish room today and tomorrow, and will try to post a list of what is left later this week.
    JeffW, Tom, imprezars and 1 other person like this.
  3. tjudy

I appear to have gotten the dates a little messed up. I had intended to be open on Saturday and Sunday, but the dates are Friday and Saturday. So I will be here all three days. 13, 14 and 15... Here is a list of the fish still in the fishroom, off the top of my head. There are some other things too:
    Cory. semiaquilus Black
    Apisto. agassizii 'Rio Tapiche'
    Apisto cf macmasteri 'Tame' trio
    Apisto. macmasteri Trio
    Apisto. baenschi wild pair
    Some oddball wood cats
    Pelvic. kribensis Moliwe juveniles
    Pelvic. pulcher juveniles
    Iriatherina werneri (adults)
    Misc tetras
    Japan blue guppies
    mixed 'common' guppy
    Ptychochromis sp. Tarantsy
    Female Erythrinus erythrinus (rainbow wolf fish)
    Gymnotus sp. knife fish.... one of the smaller 'tigre' types
    spotted rafael catfish
    misc banjo catfish
    Hemichromis cf. lifilili 'Moanda'
    Pterophyllum scalare - wild (Peru)
    Caridina sp. 'white body king kong' shrimp
    Neocaridina sp. 'carbon rili' shrimp

Also ready to go: lots of glass for canopies, Poret foam filters (walls, and cubes), other sponge filters, lots of driftwood, spawning caves. Tanks are available too.
  4. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

I will try to stop by tomorrow afternoon. I could definitely use some more driftwood, spawning caves and maybe some poret walls.
  5. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Ted send me a message on price and Quantity of the Caridina sp. 'white body king kong' shrimp.
  6. Mike F

Mike F Executive Board

I can come down, but I've never been there, and I'd have a 3 year old and a 1 year old in tow... On a scale of endler's to whale shark how difficult/hazardous would that be? If I come home with too much fish stuff or too few of my children my wife might get upset.
    Aquaticus, Tom and Sean S like this.
  7. Tom

Tom Active Member

See you Saturday.
  8. tjudy

The room is pretty torn up and there is a lot lying around on the floor. So long as the kids are supervised, they should be ok. But there is a lot at their level they can get into.
  9. tjudy

Hi Jeff... There are probably 20ish in there. Price is $5 each, cash. No shipping. If they do not get carried out this weekend I am going to keep them.
  10. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Ok thanks Ted I am booked this weekend so I can't make it. That is a really good price wish I had the time to come get them. Good luck with all your sales.
  11. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

I can wait till Saturday if you prefer otherwise I will see you later today.
  12. jcvang

jcvang Member

Will be there later today.
  13. jcvang

jcvang Member

Now not really sure. But sometime this weekend still.
  14. imprezars

imprezars Active Member

Thanks Ted for the great fish!!
  15. Mike F

Mike F Executive Board

The pelvicachromis are already claiming territories and putting on color, thanks Ted. Run across anymore of the blue shrimp hiding out somewhere lemme know. My kid was eager to leave but as soon as we got home he says "more fish, Dada? Go back? Want more fish!" Atta boy. So we might be back for a pleco cave or something this weekend.
    Tom likes this.
  16. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

looks like I should be able to swing by this afternoon.
  17. tjudy

I did find a couple more of the carbon rili after I drained the tank.
  18. Tom

Tom Active Member

Thank you Ted for the fish. They are swimming happily in their new home:)
  19. MorayEel

MorayEel New Member

I will probably stop by tomorrow if you still have Japan blues. Also interested in a couple other species on the list, but want to know more about them.
  20. tjudy

Last day for the blow-out open house. There are still some very nice fish left. Also a lot of Poret sponge filters, driftwood, spawning caves, tanks, glass for canopies and lots of other misc stuff that accumulates in a fish room. All the livestock will be out of here tomorrow, so today is the last chance at them. The blower gets turned off tomorrow morning!