Fish room

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Troy, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Troy

Troy Member

How do you heat your fish rooms? I ran duct from my furnace into it and it stays a steady 65 but my water hovers in the low sixties. I can't afford to run and put heaters in every tank and I'm unsure of a spaceheaters efficiency.
  2. Aquaticus

Aquaticus Administrator

My led lights pretty much heat mine. I have more trouble keeping it cool in summer.
    Troy likes this.
  3. hazard

hazard Active Member

I have heaters in a third of my tanks. I think the room is in the mid 70's right now. Dehumidifier and air blower heat the some

Chris
  4. Chuck

Chuck Advisory Board

I run a heater in every other tank set in the mid 70s. I keep on tight lids. Generally my tanks run 70 to 75 while the basement is in the mid 60s. I also have an exhaust fan hooked up to a humidistat to control humidity. I also keep the lights on timers.
  5. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

I just got my new fish room up and running. It's running on a dedicated heat pump.

Still playing with the settings. Tanks on the end of the room near the heat pump are running about 80 degrees. Tanks on the far end are 75. Bottom row is cooler by a few degrees. Still filling some tanks and it takes about 48 hours for them to get up to temperature which is throwing off some of my data. Will know better by next week the heat distribution.

In my old fish room I had an electric space heater plugged into a Ranco controller that had the sensor in an aquarium. Kept the temperature very stable but was not very efficient.

Andy
    Troy likes this.