GREAT LAKES AQUASCAPING CONTEST 2019!!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming MAAH Events' started by Megan, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

Hi Everyone,

The Great Lakes Aquascaping Contest is coming up soon (Feb 8-10). If you register by Wednesday, Jan 23, 2019 you will receive a t-shirt with your registration. You can still register after that, but will not receive a t-shirt.

We also need to know who will be volunteering to help that weekend. The event runs Friday - Sunday with Friday and Sunday being the most labor intensive days (set up and break down) so we'll need the most people those days. Saturday we need people to meet and greet with the crowds to describe the hobby, our club and the contest. Volunteers will also support the participants and judges in anyway needed. We need to know who is going to help and what days they will be there. We will also need your t-shirt size. Please reply to Nicholas Lager at kb9skw@gmail.com by Monday Jan 21..

Questions about the event? Go to http://greatlakesaquascaping.com
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. REVTODD

REVTODD Active Member Staff Member

I let the people from central know they should have someone there today. It will be interesting to see what happens... It would be great to see them promote the good things they do. Good luck everyone!
  3. Megan

4. REVTODD

They are the people sponsoring....you do know that right?...the ones on the shirt...i sure hope you do...
  5. Megan

Oh! I understand now. I thought you told them to be there today - to be at the Alliant Energy Center today. I misunderstood. You meant that today you told them to have someone at the event - in February.
  6. REVTODD

The reps had no idea what I was talking about. I would work on that. But, they did act like it's important to know. This should be something that helps each of us. Keep on them.
  7. Megan

I'm not in charge of the event. I've had very little to do with it actually.
  8. REVTODD

Ok, whoever is should follow up. No one will keep sponsoring if they see no results. That's a lot of money to get no results. The idea is to get more people into the hobby not just put on some fashion show.
  9. kb9skw

kb9skw Executive Board

I think this is the right hand not talking to the left hand at Central. I deal with the trade marketing manager at Central.

If Central has a retail rep that would be interested in spending the weekend there that would be fine by me. I will ask Andrea about that.