I hate winter...

Discussion in 'MAAH Social Forum' started by Dave, Nov 15, 2013.

1. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

22 years ago you really didn't have many choices. There were some but you had to pay out the A&& to drink them. I liked getting drunk on a budget. Lol
    Cinnamonsticks likes this.
  2. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

And there you have it :)
  3. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

Just me and my good buddy Weiser, that's all I'll ever need...................;)
  4. TheyJustWantedGoldfish

TheyJustWantedGoldfish Active Member

Hamms by the half barrel, could only get it after 9 pm out in Paoli...now at least I've advanced to Spotted Cow with fish on Friday nights. I did have a Staghorn at a Halloween party tonight and liked it fine, but I'll still stick with my wussy Spotted Cow as a regular thing.
  5. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

See this is how you keep the vibe going, just add in George Thorogood.
  6. Timaithis

Timaithis Member

That would explain why the only one who will hang out with you. Is your dear Old Grand-Dad
  7. Dave

8. Timaithis

Timaithis Member

9. Dave

Granted, One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer is a better song, especially the live version by George (IMHO), but not the song that has been quoted in this thread.;)

I had not heard this one before, thanks for sharing.

You should get a hold of the 20th Anniversary CD of Alligator Records. All the greats have a track!
  10. Timaithis

Timaithis Member

That is why I used lyrics from I drink alone to insult Jeff. I guess his fish also hang out with him. But they don't have a choice in it :p .
    But in the spirit of great songs about beer and booze there aren't much better than One bourbon, once scotch and one beer. I agree with you on the live versions being much better but I couldn't decide which one I liked best so I went the original one from the album.
    Dave likes this.
  11. Timaithis

Timaithis Member

And Thorogood does a version/cover of it. So it has a direct link with I drink alone.
  12. Dave

Yep, his live version is awesome.
  13. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

I'm getting buzzed reading this thread...
  14. Timaithis

Timaithis Member

This is true for me. My weekend has already started. So I am enjoying some Tullamore Dew now after finishing my shift. Listening to some blues, chatting here and sending emails.
  15. fairbear83

fairbear83 Active Member

Just got the new Lienes shandy sampler with the old fashioned shandy, cranberry ginger shandy, and the harvest patch shandy. So far the cranberry ginger it's the best out of the 3 imo.
  16. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

we sampled the pumpkin ale at GD last ngiht. Meh...
  17. Dave

Yep the pumkin ale was Meh, but the Coppertun was excellent.
  18. Dave

I don't love it. Just tried it tonight. It is okay. Drinkable. I don't think it is sweet, just kind of mild tasting.
  19. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

Central waters bourbon barrel stout. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
  20. Dave