I need help

Discussion in 'Catfish and Bottom Dwellers' started by Dragon159, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Dragon159

Dragon159 Advisory Board

Picked up some new corys and I know they are not what they were sold as. I think they are Corydoras Elegans. cory_resized(1).JPG
  2. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

What were they sold as? Was there any collection location given? The head shape looks wrong to be elegans to me but I am no Cory expert. If no one here is able to give you an answer try planet catfish, they have a whole post category labeled what is my catfish. People post there all the time and they have many experts that weigh in routinely on ID questions
  3. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

ditto!

[​IMG]

At least as far as planet catfish. Here is a picture of the cory elegans, comparing to the picture you posted it could be, but a picture like the one here is better for identification purposes.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  4. Dragon159

Dragon159 Advisory Board

They were labeled as Corydoras Melini. Obviously wrong there. I will try to get a full side picture but they seem flighty to movement outside the tank.
  5. Dragon159

Dragon159 Advisory Board

They finally got over their shyness and allowed me to take better side pictures. cory3_resized.jpg cory2_resized.jpg
  6. tjudy

tjudy Executive Board Staff Member

Look like C. sodalis
    Dragon159 likes this.
  7. Dragon159

Dragon159 Advisory Board

After a little more web surfing, I have to agree. Now to find a couple more. Thank you!