Kyoga Flamebacks

Discussion in 'CBP questions and answers' started by Dave, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

Who in the club still has these? Can I get some?
  2. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Come on by.
  3. Dave

I didn't see them in your tanks.
  4. imprezars

imprezars Active Member

Sure how many do you want?
  5. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

I was just wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking.
  6. Dave

If they are juveniles, I would like 6-8 to start a group. Maybe a few from more than one person to try to improve diversity, even though they are likely related.
  7. imprezars

imprezars Active Member

I have about 20 1 1/2 - 2 in. Let me know.
  8. Dave

Sure will, thanks! Good to know they are being maintained. I was worried that we had lost them.
  9. fishlady

Is anyone else still working with them?

I am just curious how many people are still working with them. If it gets to the point that anyone that is currently working with them wants out please let me know so I can get a group. Since I started them I would feel horrible if the line got lost.

Sorry Dave didn't mean to highjack.
  10. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

I still have 3&3. Someone is usually holding.
  11. Marine590622

I was thinking about splitting my group up anyway. I can probably pull 6 to 8 adults out for you.
  12. Dave

If there are at least three people keeping them, then I don't want to make room for them. I am looking at other fish as a higher priority on my bucket list. Thanks for the responses.
  13. Witamygreatdanes

Witamygreatdanes Active Member

I wouldn't mind having a few if anyone would like to send some my way. I know they are on the CARES Priority list as CCR, which is critically endangered! I have plenty of tanks and was thinking of getting some after I got my Neochromis Omnicaeruleus which will be next week.
  14. fishlady

Looking at Ted's post about breeding ratio. I was thinking I should get 1m/1f from one person 2 f from another and 2 f from a third. I think that would give me enough diversity. I realize they are probably all decendents of my original group but it might help. Thoughts???
  15. Marine590622

Pat you want a pair Saturday?

Kathy you have a tank for these?
  16. Witamygreatdanes

17. Witamygreatdanes

What size should I put them in Randy, you name I will have it ready! Gonna come by and see your grandson??? :)
  18. fishlady

I'm going to have to wait a bit. Trying to get some more tanks set up first. I would like to be able to introduce the fish all at the same time so that will take a little arranging. Hopefully by the March meeting I should have a tank all ready for them.
    Thanks
  19. Marine590622

Kathy I have my group in a 38 but you could do them in a 40 breeder or a 30 breeder or even in a 29 depending on how much rock work you give them.
  20. Witamygreatdanes

Ok, GREAT! Let me know when you want me to come get them!