LED Brand Options?

Discussion in 'Planted Aquarium Tech' started by Holy Diver, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver New Member

Hi folks!

I'm starting my first attempt at a planted tank, and have decided on LED lighting. I don't want to use any of the cheap choices I've come across. I've allowed myself to not be hindered too much by cost, but I'd like to stay under about $425 if possible. I'm aware of BuildMyLED, Kessil, and AquaRay. Are there any other higher quality choices out there for me to consider?

My goals are to use some CO2 and ferts. I have Seachem Flourite. My tanks is 29gal, 18" tall. I want to grow medium light plants for the most part, but I'm very excited about some of the high light carpet/foreground plants out there.

Maybe I don't need as much light as I think I do? If so, are there other lights I should consider to meet my goals?

Thanks a billion!
    Cinnamonsticks likes this.
  2. Ashley

Ashley Well-Known Member

I would contact Dave at Nanobox. He made my light fixture for my reef. He has made freshwater fixtures in the past. The fixtures are top notch.
  3. steve

steve Active Member

they nanobox ones look nice and have good leds in them. may want to make sure it has lime in it. that seems to be the new hot color in led units these days. it allows you to get a brighter looking tank without really altering the color temp too much.