LED Lighting

Discussion in 'Marine Tech' started by aquaticclarity, Nov 18, 2009.

1. aquaticclarity

aquaticclarity Well-Known Member Staff Member

New toy on the way for one of my customers: http://tropicalfishstore.com/solaris.htm

It's going on an Oceanic 144 1/2 circle. I'm looking forward to the increased light and I think the program features will be fun to play with. It's replacing a 36" 150watt halide/CFL actinic fixture that has the halid bulb placed perfectly over the black plastic center brace!
  2. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

What is the price point on that and how does it compare with what it is replacing?
  3. aquaticclarity

It's right around $1900 for the 36" 2 light box model

Compare with what it's replacing in what way?
  4. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

:eek:
  5. aquaticclarity

Other people have nice fish taks. Not me mind you but OTHER people! The kicker is this tank is about a mile from my house in my subdivision. Just a LITTLE nicer then my hole in the woods though. :roll:
  6. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Well 1900 dollars to replace a XXX dollar fixture.... I was wondering how they can justify spending that much for a light fixture....
  7. aquaticclarity

:) got it.

The tank sits on a custom teak stand with a matching canopy (keep in mind this is a curved piece of glass and the wood work matches it perfectly). The design matches that of the 12 person dining room table right down to the black inlay. Don't ask how much that cost!

A structural engineer was brought in to evaluate the floor system to see if it could support the weight of the tank. It wasn't so a steel post was added in the basement and extra joists were sistered on.

All the filtration for the tank is in the basement.

Somewhere I have some pictures of the set-up shortly after it was installed. I'll dig them up and post them here later.