Live foods

Discussion in 'Group Order' started by AssassinJimmie, Oct 19, 2015.

1. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

I am going to order a few cultures from fishgobble.com. Shipping is the same no matter how many items are ordered so if anyone else wants to tag something on just let me know. I want to place the order within the next few days.
  2. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

what are you going to order, looks to me as if everything I might want is sold out. I will look again this evening.
  3. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

You realize that will be many live food cultures for sale at the Killifish show at the end of the month.
  4. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

Yep, I will be at the WAKO Jamboree this weekend, my first fish event of any kind since May. At any rate, they usually sell lots of worm cultures: vinegar eels, white, banana, walter, micro, and california red. Frequently you can get daphnia or paramecium. What are you looking to pick up?
  5. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

Im looking for gammarus shrimp and freshwater copepods
  6. Dave

I don't see those at the show. Sometimes they are at a Milwaukee Auction. I know there are a couple that are banned in Wisconsin.
  7. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

Is this regarding the shrimp or certain copepods?
  8. Dave

The gammarus, Dikerogammarus villosus, but I don't think this is the one commonly offered as scuds.
  9. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

Okay, Ill double check with the supplier just in case. Thanks.
  10. Aquaticus

Aquaticus Administrator

I've had gammarus as pest animals in planted tanks before, so you'll want to be careful and make sure that your fish will actually eat them. :)
  11. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

I have herd about that. They will eat anything including your well cared for plants. I am really just interested in culturing them for a while to see what they are like and how potentially useful they could be to me.