Looking for Metriaclima lanisticola

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Duc Nguyen, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Duc Nguyen

Duc Nguyen New Member

Hello there! This is my official first post on this forum so I'll roll in my introduction as well. My name is Duc Nguyen. I've been in the hobby for 20+ years and have been on the search for the elusive Metriaclima lanisticola for a number of years. I had a small colony back in 2002-2004 but unfortunately, they did not survive when I moved. Off and on throughout the years, I've done searches and I noticed there have been several folks on this forum or in the general area that have obtained these fish. Would be very interested to see if anyone have any available.

Just as an FYI, I live in north Texas area. I sincerely hope to hear from someone soon and I'm still grasping onto hope that I can one day get another colony going :)

Thank you for reading my post.

P.S - the attached image is of my lanisticola back when I had them :)

Best wishes,
    Duc Nguyen

Attached Files:

2. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

Sean Stake from Madtown Aquatics may still have them. I bought a group from him a few months ago.

Alas, mine have not spawned yet so I don't have any fry to distribute. But Sean may have some.

The ACA convention will be next month in Houston. If you post on the ACA facebook page you may find someone who has them and is making the trip to Houston where you could make the exchange.

Andy
  3. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

Thanks for the shout out Andy, We are out of stock as my group hasn't successfully spawned yet either. Duc already tried contacting us.

And its MadTown Aquaculture ;), MadTown Aquatics is a kids swim club in the area.
  4. Duc Nguyen

Duc Nguyen New Member

Hello and thank you for posting back so quickly!! I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend ACA this year. Houston is about a five - six hour drive and plus, work schedule is such that I can't take time off for it this year. In any event, I'll try your suggestion and talk to some folks who will be attending the conference. I wish I knew why these guys are so challenging to find but it's all good.

Please keep me in mind if you happen to hear of some available or if yours successfully spawn for you! Thank you so very much!!

Best wishes,
    Duc Nguyen
  5. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

They are around. Club had many i passed around. All i have is 1 left that i missed in the growout tank
  6. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

I do know sunset tropical guppies in arburndale, wi has them. Its the source i got mine from. A local store/breeder up by me in central wi
  7. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

Try Davesfish.com - he doesn't have them now, but may be able to get some for you. He's in San Antonio.
  8. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Looks like everyone has none available at this time. They are around though. I have the one lone female left. Maybe someone in the club has an extra male. You can have her if you want if your at the meeting on the 16th.
  9. Duc Nguyen

Duc Nguyen New Member

Hi Steve,
    That's extremely kind of you to offer but I'm not sure what you're referring to for the meeting on the 16th? I am not in the Wisconsin area; I am located in the DFW area so I would not know of a way to get the fish from you. Also, I reached out to Dave and unfortunately, he doesn't have any lanisticola at this time either. Looks like I'll just continue looking. I am sure one day I'll get lucky with timing and find some.

Again, please let me know if you hear of someone who has these up for sale. I would be completely ecstatic! :)
  10. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

This clubs monthly meeting . They will show up soon