My goldfish collection..

Discussion in 'Goldfish and Koi' started by kingranchu, Jan 27, 2010.

1. kingranchu

kingranchu New Member

Well since there is no post on this thread, i figure I would do the honors.. These are my old collection of goldfishes that I use to have. Most of them were directly imported in from overseas. Yes, goldfish can get pretty spendy too :p I hope to one day have enough time & space to get back into goldfish keeping.. These were my pride & joy.

"veiltail" goldfish
    [​IMG]

Black & Red "Lion head" goldfish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Red & white Japanese Ranchu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Ranchu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rare, Calico Ranchu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black moore, and short bodied Ryukins
    [​IMG]
    Cinnamonsticks likes this.
  2. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Thanks for shareing, did these every get outside, or were they strictly kept in tanks?
  3. kingranchu

kingranchu New Member

Most were kept in 55gal & 100gal tubs.. some went outside for a month or two, but I kept getting alge blooms. So eventually they all came back inside. Though water quality outside seems poor, I notice that while outside.. their colors were much more bright & vibrant compared to the ones inside!! :eek:
  4. chasfish

chasfish New Member

I love your goldfish!!!! One of these days I hope to import some nice ranchus like that. Hope you get back into raising goldfish. Far as I know im the only person who has strong interest in goldfish. Nice to see sombody else thats into goldfish too.
  5. Witamygreatdanes

Witamygreatdanes Active Member

I just got some goldfish, the other day... nothing too fancy tho I guess. I don't even know what Ranchus are. Mine are a couple of black moors, a couple of Ryukins and a couple of Red cap Orandas and chocolate Orandas. :) I love goldfish too. I just mostly have cichlids. :)
  6. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

goldfish are weird...