Neocaridina Shrimp

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Catherine, May 31, 2018.

1. Catherine

Catherine New Member

I have one lone blue dream shrimp in my 2.7g work cube tank and he needs some friends!

Interested in any color strain, though in the future it'd be nice to have a breeding colony and I.

My tank has dark wood, dark substrate and no light, so I'm afraid it can be difficult to see my one guy in there!

Hoping for local pickup in Madison and looking to spend $3 or less per shrimp!
  2. Catherine

Catherine New Member

Oops, I posted this in a hurry and didn't notice my changes weren't saved -

Interested in any color strain of neos; it'd be nice to get more blue guys to hang out with mine but since he's so hard to see in this tank I'm thinking of switching over to reds and moving him back home to a different tank with a lighter colored substrate.

Also interested in caridina shrimp! Does anyone breed those around here? I heard living art just got some in but I haven't had a chance to go check them out!
  3. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

I breed 15 different color varieties of Caridina shrimp I am in Oshkosh. Right now I have Blue Bolts and Yellow King Kong.
    Both go really well on dark substrate.
  4. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

I have Crystal Red shrimp, Black Crystal, Tangerine Tiger, and Yellow King Kong. You will need to set up a tank with special water and substrate. Jeff W gave me the advice to set up tanks.
    JeffW likes this.
  5. kb9skw

kb9skw Executive Board

I have some blue dreams available.