November 2017 Meeting- Auction is up, What are you bringing?

Discussion in 'Upcoming MAAH Events' started by Sean S, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

The November meeting will be here soon. Now that it finally feels like fall we can all get back to focusing on our indoor hobbies like adding two or three more fishtanks to the fishroom!

One quick reminder- WE MUST BE OUT OF THE BASEMENT SPACE AT THE HODY BY 4PM this month.

So check on those fry for BAP and plants for GARP (this month's them is en garde- extra points for sword plants) and enter them in mygroupauctions.com

Seriously, bring in some plants for the GARP competition there are no special forms to fill out and anyone reaching the 250 point threshhold gets an award. I won't be there this month so won't be sending much, its your chance to catch up to me.

Someone needs to catch Steve in the BAP race as well, with my absence I will fall further behind so someone else give him a battle. The 20 tanks and under race is quite intense this year- we might even have a young breeder take the crown this year!

Our speaker Rick Borstein is a fabulous speaker and is sure to keep everyone entertained regardless of what talk he ends up doing (See the thread Randy started with a poll to cast your vote for topics)
  2. Aquaticus

Aquaticus Administrator

Where did you guys go afterwards last month and how did it work out?
  3. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

The pour house that you suggested, it was very good
    Mike F likes this.
  4. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

What about Longtable this month? Has anyone been there yet? It has received really good reviews.
    Aquaticus likes this.
  5. Megan

6. Megan

7. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

I am planning to bring some live food cultures and plants

I am BAP Crystal Black shrimp Caridina cantonensis 'Crystal Black' so get your tanks set up now. This strain throws both solid white and blue bolts
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  8. Scott Wiersema

It would be nice if people listing bags in myauctions.com put their names in the descriptions so we know we can ask questions. I have no idea who is bringing things tothe meeting.
  9. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Maybe we could make it a rule Scott. Bring this up at the EB meeting. I also am guilty of rarely put my name on bags anymore. This way we can ask how people care for and bred the fish. Other clubs have you put your name plus email/phone number. Great point
  10. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

BAP
    Girardinus Metallicus
    Limia Perugiae
    Herotilapia Multispinosa
    Tropheus sp Red "moliro "
  11. Scott Wiersema

I thought it was a rule but i could be wrong.
  12. Mike F

Mike F Executive Board

It's rule #1 on the "Rules for Selling Items"
    http://madisonaquatichobby.com/auctions/

Staff with admin access can see who listed specific items on MGA but we tend to be spread pretty thin. It is very helpful when sellers take the time to fill in that information so we can concentrate on other aspects of running the club.
    SteveS likes this.
  13. Mike F

Mike F Executive Board

Holy cow y'all are bringing in some awesome stuff to auction! Something for everyone: shrimps, bettas, livebearers, gobies, plants, rainbows, killies, very nice selection of livebearers and cichlids too!
    bahamafj11 likes this.