Out of the closet

Discussion in 'Member's Blogs' started by REVTODD, Jul 19, 2013.

1. REVTODD

REVTODD Active Member Staff Member

When ever I have been around fish people and they find out that I'm that crazy guy who breeds fish in a closet they always ask about what I do. Over some time I will go into some detail. For now here a few photos of the closet that let me bap 28 different fish this year and win breeder of the year in the 21 and over tank division.

What ever you thought it looks like... it does not!

Here it is:
    closet1.jpg
    pogues, jcvang, TroyZ and 3 others like this.
  2. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

Show them the pump that runs all the air!
  3. REVTODD

A look from outside:
    closet.jpg
    jcvang and Dave like this.
  4. REVTODD

Lower left corner of first photo. They hang from the shelf.
  5. REVTODD

This is what a tub looks like:
    tub1.jpg
    This is one I pulled out to the kitchen to do a water change. You can see the filter and a pump (same as in the closet) to the right. This tub has Lesser killifish in it.
  6. REVTODD

7. REVTODD

Coral red dwarf platy in a grow out jar with home made filter.
    DWARF.jpg
  8. Aquaticus

Aquaticus Administrator

Todd,

Great to see the closet. Quite the inspiration!

Eric
  9. hmglis

hmglis Active Member

Thats awesome!
  10. REVTODD

Thanks! One thing that I have all ways wanted to do is show people IF they really want to breed fish they can even in a small space. I plan on going into detail on how I set up different fish to spawn. As soon as our move is complete and the fish are settled into the new closet I will start to have some extra time. Hope to see you all at Ted's today.
    Cinnamonsticks likes this.
  11. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

THIS BLOG IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. REVTODD

Have been told that we can start to move on Thursday! It will be some time before the new closet is set up the way I want it but I will take some photos along the way. As soon as the closet is up and running I plan on starting to collect a bunch of different tetras to condition.
    Cinnamonsticks and Blue2Fyre like this.
  13. Dave

Don't be stealing my idea to dominate the BAP world!;)
  14. REVTODD

I think that it may be Michael who is going to dominate this year. At least start off strong as heck!
  15. mlaursen

mlaursen Well-Known Member

lol, i'm just trying to get my ultimate,
    REVTODD likes this.
  16. REVTODD

Moving sucks!

My new closet has some sort of stink that I'm not acquainted with and it does not make me happy. I'm assuming Sheila is also unhappy with it but she has been a trouper through all of this! Funny that the clean freak has not said anything but the lazy guy cant stand it!
  17. Dave

If I remember correctly, you have a drain in the floor of that closet. Pour some water down it. If the drain has dried out then gases from further down the line can come up the pipe, and that might be what you are smelling. You can also try pouring some bleach down it followed by water, but wait to do this when you will be out of the apartment so you don't have to smell bleach all day long.
  18. REVTODD

Pretty sure the smell is coming from the tubs, just not sure what ones. As soon as this move is complete everyone is getting a 90% water change + hope to have a dehumidifier in as soon as I can find one. The closet next to the fish has our cloths in it and I do not want them getting fishy!
  19. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

The dehumidifier might heat up the closet enough that you don't need to run a heater.
  20. REVTODD

Nice!