PAR Meter needed please :)

Discussion in 'Planted Aquarium Tech' started by CO2mpulsive, Oct 3, 2014.

1. CO2mpulsive

CO2mpulsive Member

Does anyone have available for use or rent a PAR meter? I need to figure out what I'm getting out of a home-made LED light fixture. It's a combination of white and red LED's. I know since I've put it in that I'm now growing hair algae.

To add to my problems I've also started injecting CO2 (a whole different monster)...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark
  2. steve

steve Active Member

I would bring my par meter to the meeting if you wanted to bring your light in for a test.
  3. CO2mpulsive

CO2mpulsive Member

Thanks Steve, but just how accurate would a reading be with just the light? Ideally it would be a reading through the water correct?
  4. steve

steve Active Member

m sure you can correlate it somehow but not really sure what the conversion is. my readings didn't change much with and without water but I don't remember how much of a change it was. less than 1o percent im pretty sure.
  5. CO2mpulsive

CO2mpulsive Member

OK then lets give it a try. I'll bring the light in. It's attached to my overall hood, but it'll be fine. I'll make sure to measure my distance to substrate as well. See you tomorrow :)
  6. steve

steve Active Member

already packed the meter see you tomorrow. im the guy with the blue rolling cooler.