Plants sold in auction

Discussion in 'MAAH Announcements' started by Megan, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

I couldn't read the number on the bag and there was no other identifying information (which is against auction rules - you are supposed to list your name and contact info), but one of the bags of plants that I purchased today was 98% Hair Algae. I bought many bags, so I don't know what it was supposed to be, but I think the person who sold this item in the auction owes me a refund. I'm sure they knew what they were doing because you can't really find anything *besides* hair algae in the bag.

We need to inspect items that go into the auction more carefully and people need to be made aware that something like this is unacceptable.

Now I know some would say, I should have inspected on purchase and made my complaint at the time, but I guess I trust the people who come to these meetings and it never crossed my mind. I just put the plants in my cooler and moved on to bidding on the next item.
  2. Aquaticus

Aquaticus Administrator

Did you buy a bag of java moss? You can login to mygroupauctions and see what you bought.
  3. followyourshadow

followyourshadow Advisory Board Staff Member

Agreed. The bag should at the very least have the lot number on it, which would be a starting point.
  4. Megan

Nope. No java moss. Thanks though.

There was a number but it was illegible to me. It was written in Sharpe and I ripped open the bag so it got distorted
  5. Mike F

Mike F Advisory Board

If at ANY time ANYONE sees an auction lot on the table they feel does not adhere to auction quality guidelines, or sees any species they believe to be prohibited in Wisconsin by the WDNR, please tell the auction chair, auctioneer, or anyone working on the auction.
  6. Megan

This is no reflection on the work Mike did yesterday. I am mad at the person sold the lot.