Rainbows in New York.

Discussion in 'Rainbows' started by Marine590622, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

An established Rainbow fish breeder in New York (syracuse area) is looking to move his adult bows to other breeders, rather than a LFS. That said he does not want to ship. I am posting here in case anyone would be traveling that way in the next month or two and would like an opportunity to pick up an adult collection of rainbows. Here is his post on the Rainbowfish site

"I am getting rid of most all of my fish. I have some large groups of mature fish. I will NOT ship, pick-up in Syracuse NY only. Arrangements can be made for meeting within an hour or so of Syracuse (Rochester, etc.) I would prefer that they go to someone that will breed, especially the G.psuedoincisus and G.ramusnsis, rather than the LFS.

8m/5 female M.boesemani, nice strainm large 3"+

5m/3f large 3"+ mature G.pseudoincius

~20 large mature M.australis

~30-40 G.ramuensis mature.

PM if interested.

thanks,
    Scott"
  2. mlaursen

mlaursen Well-Known Member

I suppose it doesn't really matter if anyone is interested as he won't ship
  3. Marine590622

I was thinking I would share in case someone was traveling for one reason or another. I asked him what his time frame is and he said sooner is better but he would hang on to some if someone was going to be out his way in a month or two...
  4. JustinW

JustinW Member

Randy the guy still have the fish? I have someone coming into town next weekend from Conneticut, they are like half hour from NYC, not sure where the fish are. I just seen this thread I will ask her what her timing looks like and see if she is coming straight in or taking a couple days. let me know if the fish are still there
  5. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

Syracuse is upstate New York and a several hours long drive from NYC.
  6. Marine590622

Justin I will check and let you know.