Request for Xystichromis sp. Kyoga

Discussion in 'CBP questions and answers' started by tjudy, Oct 12, 2012.

1. tjudy

tjudy Advisory Board Staff Member

We have a request from a group of hobbyists in Mississippi (via the CARES Preservation Program) for a starting colony of X. sp. Kyoga. Who has some SMALL fish (no larger than 2") that we can send down there? They are looking for enough to get 5 people started with them.

If we can send a few dozen down, let's plan on bringing them to the next meeting. I will collect them ans ship them the following week.
  2. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

I am assuming that the club will pay for this shipping to support the CARES program and our own CBP? I think sending them a starter colony is fantastic. Check with Randy and Jeff A, they both have breeders last time I checked.
  3. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

I have them but nothing growing out at the moment. When I have some more I am more then willing to donate to the club though.
  4. tjudy

Jeff brought ten 2" fish that I held back from the swap to use for sending to them. They were pretty low on the Michigan priority list anyway. The people getting the fish will pay for the shipping. I will also suggest a donation to the club for the CBP grant fund.
  5. imprezars

imprezars Active Member

I have some I could donate. I'll get a count later today to see how many.

Ben
  6. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

What about getting some fish in exchange? Do they have a list?
  7. imprezars

imprezars Active Member

I have a dozen @ 1" - 1 1/2".

Ben
  8. tjudy

Apparently not. I have gotten a couple emails from the person who will be taking delivery of the fish, and I am not sure that we would not be sending the fish into a black hole. I am trying to get more specifics.
  9. tjudy

Great... I think that those and the fish from Jeff will be enough. I will let you know when I need them, but just in case, would you please purge them for shipping on Thursday? I will know by tomorrow if we are shipping this week.