Seachem prime vs Safe

Discussion in 'Freshwater Health, Disease and Nutrition' started by AssassinJimmie, Mar 8, 2016.

1. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

Does anyone use Safe? It seems cheaper since its more concentrated, but I havent herd of anybody using it. Prime is easy to use but I'm looking at getting a whole gallon and I saw the Safe and thought Id see what people thought.
  2. fairbear83

fairbear83 Active Member

I've used Safe now for a couple years and love it. I did use prime until I realized how expensive it was getting. You are correct it's more concentrated and it is a lot cheaper to use vs. prime especially if you have a lot of tanks and do a lot of water changes. I bought a kilo about 15 months ago and am just now getting to the bottom of the jar. I know i've slowed down on the number and size of tanks im running but it does go a long way and is overall cheaper to use vs. prime....that's my opinion anyways
  3. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

Cool, Thanks.
  4. terry

terry Member

Who stocks Safe locally.
  5. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Isn't it cheaper to just use a whole house filter with carbon.
  6. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

I bought it on Amazon. I have never seen it locally. I do plan to set up a carbon filter as part of my fish room remodel but haven't gotten to that point yet. I also like using prime because it neutralizes ammonia along with conditioning the water.
    terry likes this.