September meeting

Discussion in 'Upcoming MAAH Events' started by fishlady, Sep 9, 2018.

1. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Who is going to be the speaker or is there something else scheduled?
    What are people bringing?

I can't attend this one so will have to experience via the forum. Let me know what's happening.
  2. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

I dont see anything. Isnt it this Saturday already?
  3. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Im bringing
    BAP
    Hyphessobrycon eques(serpae tetra)
    Hyphessobrycon anisitsi(Beunos Aires tetra)
    Pethia conchonius(rosy barb)
    Botedia Madagascarensis (rainbowfish)
    Tropheus sp ikola

4. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

Yes meeting is this Saturday. Speaker is Kris Schmidt a saltwater guy. Not sure of the topic.
    SteveS likes this.
  5. Marcus Weesner

Marcus Weesner New Member

Why a saltwater speaker for a freshwater club? Am I missing something?
  6. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

It is an aquatic Hobbyist club open to all aquatic life
    SteveS and Megan like this.
  7. Marcus Weesner

Marcus Weesner New Member

Hi Jeff.

Ok does anyone know the topic? I'm trying to understand the relevance as I'm unsure how many people are keeping saltwater tanks and/or interested in information related to Marine life in the aquarium.

Thanks,
    Marcus...
  8. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

Because, as Jeff pointed out, it isn't just a fresh water club. Several members do keep salt tanks actually. I never have, but wouldn't mind learning more about them. Not every topic can appeal to every member.
    JeffW likes this.
  9. Tubasteve

Tubasteve New Member

The axolotls that I bought at the auction last April are starting to get too big for my current setup to have all of them together. I'm planning on bringing a couple of them to the auction so the others can have a little more room.
    SteveS likes this.
  10. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member

I wish I could come. The last time that I kept marine was in the late 70's early 80's. It was in its infancy. It would be like starting all over again. I think its a great idea to have a marine guest. The only thing holding me back is getting reliable info from a trusted source to set up. If there are any book or site recommendations, please post them
  11. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Can't find any info on the rainbowfish other than the book. Can someone please provide a link so I can research it. Why do you always bap fish I want when I can't attend the meeting ;) Tropheus :)
    SteveS likes this.
  12. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

13. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board