Shrimps in the club

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by Scott Wiersema, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

I know this has been asked before. What colors and kinds of shrimp do we have?

I have:

Red Cherry Shrimp
    Orange shrimp
  2. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Right now I have Orange and Chocolate and will be getting some Blue Satin in a couple weeks or when it gets warmer.
  3. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

rcs and some clear ones
  4. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Just red cherry.
    I know Ashley had some different colors.
  5. Ashley

Ashley Well-Known Member

Lost them all :(
  6. Natives2WI

Natives2WI Well-Known Member

I have some Crystal Black and Crystal Red's.. only 5 of each right now, each have their own 3 gallon tank..(Deep blue Professionals 2.3 gal 18x6x7)
  7. hazard

hazard Active Member

I have 3 larger clear shrimp. Maybe 1.5" or so. I acquired them from Ted like 2-3 yrs ago. I long ago forgot the name. Ted thought they were Amano shrimp

I have some little clear shrimp that are maybe .75". I have a few females that look like they have small ones under their bellies.

I have tried cherry shrimp but I always seem to lose them

Chris
  8. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member

Invisible cherry shrimp. Every time I get them going well , they fade into the sunset and disappear
    Cinnamonsticks likes this.
  9. Aquaticus

Aquaticus Administrator

I've got some of Ashley's orange shrimp and some red cherry from Gordon. I haven't had a lot of long term success with shrimp, other than Amanos, which are several years old in my display tank.
  10. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

I bought 15 orange shrimp in September of last year. I have sold 120 given traded 60 and I still have at least 80 adults and around 100 + tiny babies in the Flame moss. In a 10 gallon tank. I keep getting rid of a few and end up with more.
    Now my chocolates are berried can't wait to see the shrimplets in that tank.
    Natives2WI likes this.
  11. Natives2WI

Natives2WI Well-Known Member

Hey Jeff, let me know if you are wanting to sell some. I would like to have some orange shrimp for a work tank.
  12. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

I have a few for sale right now but I am in Oshkosh. Not planning on any trips to Milwaukee any time soon. Maybe for the meeting in March.
  13. Scott Wiersema

I was hoping to get some yellow when I have more room. :) LOL
  14. Scott Wiersema

I bought 10 yellow shrimp at GCCA swamp.
    12 Fire Red Sakura
  15. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Just bought a group of 10 Blue Dreams shrimp
  16. ronoc

ronoc Member

hand full of red cherry and four amano.
    Aquaticus likes this.
  17. Heuk21

Heuk21 Member

just starting up again after a 2 year of non shrimp tanks. I only have some orange shrimps and some Fire red Cherries.
    ronoc likes this.
  18. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Moved up a little
    Orange
    Chocolate
    Blue Dream
    Fire Reds coming on Sunday

More to come as the small tanks get set up.
  19. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

I plan of starting a couple of tanks for shrimp in 15s. It would be nice to keep two species in a tank that won't cross. Any ideas?
  20. Detautafni

Detautafni Active Member

Red cherries/oebt