SOLD! BAP FISH: Melanotaenia maccullochi “Skull Creek” (dwarf rainbowfish)

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Sharon Page, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Sharon Page

Sharon Page Member

Very attractive dwarf rainbowfish; silver/tan with horizontal black stripes and orange fins. Males and females virtually identical and reach about 2" in length. Friendly community fish with zero aggression; will not bother plants. Not fussy about conditions, but currently kept in 40% tap / 60% RO, pH=7.4, GH/KH=9. Great eaters, mainly being fed flake. Happy to offer breeding advice upon request.

AUCTION: Auction runs now through Sunday, 6/21 at 3:00 p.m. I have one bag of 5 unsexed juveniles available; hatched 3/18 to 4/6.

Place your bid as a comment below. Minimum bid $5. Each bid should be higher than the previous bid by at least $1.

Pick up in McFarland, just off Stoughton Road, and just outside the Madison city limits.

skull creek.jpg

Internet photo.
  2. mlaursen

mlaursen Well-Known Member

3. Rockriverfish

Rockriverfish Executive Board

4. Sharon Page

Sharon Page Member

$11

It took me about 3 months of daily work to get this handful of offspring to BAP stage, so I’m hoping to keep these with their parents to make a small school in my community tank.

:)
  5. mlaursen

Yeah, they're a tough one, the babies are really small. I had to treat them like tetras.
  6. Sharon Page

Sharon Page Member

Thanks Michael. Glad to know I'm not the only one. They sure are pretty when they grow up though! And speaking of tetras, now on to trying to breed my ember tetras...
  7. mlaursen

They're probably my favorite rainbow outside of the blue eye group. Kamaka is another one that I love.