Wetspot

Discussion in 'Group Order' started by Megan, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

Anyone interested in going in for an order to Wetspot? I want one fish, so I'd love to share the shipping with one or more people.
  2. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

I am on the waiting list for the next batch of Geophagus sp. Aripuana available from Wetspot. I will be placing my order when they are available. May be a few more weeks yet though.

Andy
    Natives2WI likes this.
  3. Megan

Hi Andy,
    There is a particular fish I'm looking to get - a wild caught Aulonocara koningsi Mbenji. I've already written to ask if they will hold him until next week if I pay today, I don't think they will hold him for a couple of weeks. If they would, it would be okay with me, but another person pm'ed me that he would be interested in ordering and I don't know what his time frame is.
  4. Natives2WI

Natives2WI Well-Known Member

I will run through their list tonight Megan and respond. It would most likely be 6 small cichlids (under 2") and some catfish, and some barbs.. ok.. more than I thought originally :) I want to bring another group of gymnos into the area, catfish to live with them, and barbs for my 125
  5. Megan

Would that be two tanks or 3? Would a 40 be enough for the cichlids/catfish and a second 40 for the barbs?

I just remembered that I can't put up one of the 55's because it has a crack in its top frame. I'm ordering a new one from Jeff M., but won't get it until the end of the month. So I'll have 4-40g and 3-20g available (I forgot I already have yellow lab fry in one of the 20g).
  6. Natives2WI

Natives2WI Well-Known Member

they can all be thrown together.
  7. Megan

I'm going to place the order on Friday so that they are shipped Monday. Does that work for everyone?
    Cinnamonsticks likes this.
  8. Megan

Okay. So far I think only Nate and Andy have decided to order fish with me from Wetspot. Anyone else? There is a particular fish I want, but I can't put him on hold, I have to wait until Friday (they have 5 Regal Blue male peacocks, so I am not too worried) to order and pay for him to be delivered Monday. I can meet anyone from the Milwaukee area in Conover (exit 275 on I94) as it is almost exactly halfway between Madison and Milwaukee.

My plan is that each of us is going to call in on Friday and place our orders using our own credit cards. You just need to make sure you make it clear that your fish are going to be shipped with Megan McGuire's fish. Please don't order without letting me know before hand. I will also need a list of fish that your ordered so that I can make sure that all the right fish were shipped when they arrive. I will pay for shipping and we can split it evenly between everyone who orders. So, right now, let's assume the shipping is $50, divided by 3 it would be $16.67 per person.
  9. Megan

Okay, scratch all of that. I turns out you can only use one credit card. So, as an alternative, please send me the funds to pay for your fish via Paypal. You'll be safe that way because if I turn out to be unscrupulous scum you can sick Paypal on me to get your money back. ;)

I will find out what the shipping is on Thursday afternoon.

Deadline to send me your fish order and money will be 10pm on Thursday (tomorrow night). Please PM me your fish order. List the full fish name, number of each kind, the cost per fish, and the total cost for each kind of fish. I will collect your share of the shipping when I deliver or you pick up your fish. Whew! My first time doing this, so I appreciate your patience. :)
  10. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

Umm. I think you misunderstood. I will be placing an order when my fish are available. They are not available yet.

If you wanted to wait I was going to see if you wanted to tack on to my order.

If you can't wait then I am out.

Andy
  11. Megan

Oh, okay. Sorry about the confusion. I have to place my order by Friday or I could lose the fish I want. :(
  12. TANK

TANK Active Member

Megan if nobody has the fish you are looking for around Madison there is a GCCA Swap on August 24th near Chicago I would bet you could find what you want there.The site is http://www.gcca.net/ You can sign up(without joining) and post in the classifieds what you are looking for. I would guess the gas would equal what the shipping cost be. Plus there will be tons of Cichlids for sale.
  13. Megan

Thank you for letting me know about this. I actually wasn't really looking for this fish, I just saw him on aquabid and I would love to get "fresh from the lake" genes for my breeding group. I have a situation that would make it hard for me to go in that I have 3 dogs that need to go out at 9:30, so I'd have to hire a pet sitter. Plus, I'm a wimp, I don't really relish another 3 hour drive after the meeting ends.