What new fish did you get today?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Dave, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

In the spirit of the "What spawned for you today" thread, I think it would be fun to share what new fish you bought, traded, or picked up today.

Me? I have a box sitting at home with two pair of Crenicichla regani "Tapajos" that eat flake food! I also have 8 Cryptoheros nanoluteus. A very pretty little convict type fish that I would like to work with. I can't wait to swing by the house during lunch to see them.
  2. jkpedrita

jkpedrita Active Member

The Cryptoheros nanoluteus look neat!
  3. mlaursen

mlaursen Well-Known Member

Nanoluteus are one of my faves, mine are coming up on spawning size. Centrarcus as well
  4. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

I just finished tanking the fish, they all arrived in great shape. The C. nanoluteus are only in the 1" to 1.5" size, so spawning will be a ways off. The C. regani are really big. The last time I got them in they were barely 2", these are pushing 4". I hope to have better luck with them this time around.
  5. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

5 German Blue Ghost Angels nickel to quarter size. They will also be a while before spawning.
    Dave likes this.
  6. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Got some more discus yesterday. Who would have thought that I, a african cichlid fan, would fall for a discus LOL
    Blue2Fyre, JeffW, Dave and 1 other person like this.
  7. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

My cw120's from Frank Falcone arrived yesterday, 2 out of 6 died in route, this was his second attempt to get them to me. Added bonus, he tossed in 8 red coral pencilfish, I already have them, but I believe I had a male heavy group, after adding his to the group, I think it will be a much more ballanced group.
    Witamygreatdanes likes this.
  8. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Pat I am picking up some on the 18th. I haven't kept discus in 20 years.
    fishlady likes this.
  9. mlaursen

I'm hoping to order from Hans later this summer, I want some blue angeland Alenquer discus
  10. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Who's Hans?
  11. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Pat look up Discus Hans
  12. Ashley

Ashley Well-Known Member

Not a fish but I just picked up some ninja star snails.

[​IMG]

I have NEVER seen these for sale locally and whenever I try to get them online they are always sold out.
    Witamygreatdanes likes this.
  13. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

I got 12 new born C. Trilineatus yesterday...for FREE...
    ronoc, Dave and fishlady like this.
  14. mlaursen

15. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

I avoided that web site Thanks Michael. Way to tempting to spend lots of money. LOL
  16. mlaursen

I'm pickig some up from cozy on we'd as well. I've decided to start specializing a bit more
    fishlady likes this.
  17. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Me to mostly apistos and angels
  18. followyourshadow

followyourshadow Advisory Board Staff Member

Will went fishing and brought back a bunch of his bait fish, which are currently housed in the 20H. Thinking about bringing them to the meeting.... I don't know anything about them except that they're skittish and really active :) And some of them have cool markings.
  19. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

20. followyourshadow

followyourshadow Advisory Board Staff Member

Naw. I think they're just fatheads, but some of them have cool spots down their backs.