What new fish did you get today?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Dave, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Physarum

Physarum Executive Board

9 Corydoras schwartzi and two gold weather loach babies. Does anyone use weather loaches as an indicator of when to do water changes on your cory tanks to trigger a spawn? It was between the loaches and a decorative barometer. I think I made the right choice. I love them and they eat out of my hand already.
    bahamafj11, Dragon159 and terry like this.
  2. pogues

pogues Member

Orchid Endlers
  3. Ben A

Ben A Member

6 super red long fin ancistrus, A pair of gymnogeophagus Norte, and a pair of dumbo blacktail guppies and the female dropped about 20 fry in the bag.
  4. hazard

hazard Active Member

at the gcca swap I picked up a bag of 6 neolamprologus multifaciatus and 3 albino lamprologus brichardi.

I could use more multis if anyone has some young

Chris
  5. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

Today I am waiting for delivery of a pair of Pipa pipa Suriname toads. I having been looking for years.
    Ben A, Sharon Page and Megan like this.
  6. Sharon Page

Sharon Page Member

When anybody mentions anything on this thread, I look it up online. That Suriname toad is AMAZING. Not only does it look like a clump of leaf litter, but the reproduction method is certainly one-of-a-kind! Congrats on finally getting your toads!
    Ben A likes this.
  7. Scott Wiersema

They are huge. They are 5" from mouth to butt not counting legs. There is a related species. Pipa parva is smaller and sometimes breed in the hobby.. I know people that have spawned them. They are on my list too.

They arrived!
    Ben A likes this.
  8. Ben A

Ben A Member

A pair of eretmodus cyanostictus kasanga, and 2 pairs of characodon lateralis Los Berros.
  9. Scott Wiersema

About a month ago, I bought a pair of Xenopus borealis Marsabit clawed frogs. They are like African Clawed Frogs but smaller and slightly different color. The male has been calling often and is loud. I keep doing water changes hoping to trick them.
  10. Ben A

Ben A Member

Today in the mail I got 7 amatitlania septemfasciata “rio San Juan, Costa Rica”. Males have a maroon body with yellow face. I also got 8 steatocranus irvinei.
    SteveS and JeffW like this.
  11. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

Alcolapia Ndalalani, thanks Steve.
    Ben A and SteveS like this.
  12. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

corydoras robineae from Living Art. Cool looking little cory.
    Ben A and SteveS like this.
  13. Megan

8 five inch discus from Chicago Discus. Red Pigeon, Turquoise Red, Red Panda, and Cobalt Blue. Beautiful fish!
    Ben A likes this.
  14. Megan

6 black rams
    Ben A likes this.
  15. Megan

The black rams arrive today! I got them from Gold Coast Aquatics who got the parents from Martin - something - Bidas? - at Flooded Basement Aquatics. I ended up paying $19 a piece on Aquabid. Not sure if I paid too much, but they seem hard to get and i really wanted them. Tristan has told me his are good parents which is so un-ram-like, I wanted to see for myself.
    Tom likes this.
  16. Megan

They sent me 9 black rams, not six as was expected. Yay, Gold Coast Aquatics.
    Ben A likes this.
  17. Ben A

Ben A Member

Picked up 6 telmatochromis vittatus "mbita Island" from living art today.
  18. hazard

hazard Active Member

I placed an order with Old World Exotics again

Brought home
    Cyprichromis kitumba
    Cyp Nkwonde
    Cyp Mupulungu
    Neolamp gold occelatus
    Neolanp melegries
    Chalinochromis brichardi
    albino eureka red peacock
    a pair of adult Psuedotropheus kenyi

The 9:05pm arrival at Milwaukee was delayed 3hrs which meant the cargo office was closed when the fish arrived. I had to pick the fish up at 5 am this morning. Long couple of days.
    Dave and Ben A like this.
  19. Ben A

Ben A Member

Got 6 Altolamprologus Sumbu Dwarf Comps and 7 Neolamprologus Similis in the mail today. 2 more little boxes of fish coming Wednesday.
  20. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Went over to see Steve and Eric in Stevens Point. Love the drive over. I was just planning on taking home some plecos from Eric but stopped at steves and took home a few more.

I got from Eric

Hypancistrus sp. L333 Porto De Moz 10

From Steve:

Alcolapia Alcalica 5
    Limia Perugiae 10
    Coptodon Snyderae " Dark" 5

All doing well this morning and a couple showing breeding behavior already.

Big thank you to both of these guys always a pleasure to talk fish you them. I am sure I will see you both again soon.
    Eric N, SteveS and Ben A like this.