What new fish did you get today?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Dave, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Alcolapia ndalalani Jeff. The more rare ones.
  2. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Thank you
  3. Aqua-b

Aqua-b New Member

Datnoid, absolutely gorgeous
    Ben A likes this.
  4. Ben A

Ben A Member

6 synodontis polli white
    Aqua-b and Megan like this.
  5. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

10 barbus fasciolatus from AquaticArts in Indiana.
  6. Ben A

Ben A Member

FedEx delivered a box from Dave’s rare fish today. I got 2M & 2f telmatochromis temporalis shell and 9 Pungu Maclareni. The pungu have been on my holy grail list for a long time now. I am happy to finally have them.
    Megan likes this.
  7. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

Just bought 20 celestial Pearl danios. Afterwards noticed the seller is in Canada. Not sure how that will work.
  8. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

3 little lf albino bn.
  9. Megan

6 Queen Arabesque and 6 green laser corys.
    Ben A and bahamafj11 like this.
  10. Physarum

Physarum Executive Board

All my pent up desire to buy fish that I've kept in check through our move was finally realized at a spectacular Cataclysm and auction. I got:
    • 2 Panaque cochliodon
    • 10 Sturisomatichthys panamense
    • 6 Hypancistrus L066
    • 6 Brochis multiradiatus
    • guppies
    • 1 L264 sultan pleco (looking for 4-5 more)
    • 6 Corydoras similis
    • 5 Hypancistrus L262
    • 9 Amatitlania septemfasciata
    • 15 Rosy Barbs
    • 6 Corydoras weitzmani
    • 8 Megalechis thoracata
    • 8 Trichromis salvini
    • 12 x Cryptoheros chetumalensis
    And slightly prior to Cataclysm I got some awesome Hemichromis frempongi Lake Bosumtwi, Ghana, Metriaclima tarakiki Ngkuyo Island "Zebra Slim," and Paralabidochromis chromogynos Zue Island from Dave's Rare Fish and a pair of Corydoras arcuatus and rabauti from Crackedglass.

Now I just need to raise everything and get it them to spawn. Maybe next year will be my Breeder of the Year time, lol.
    Scott Wiersema, Tom, Nate V and 3 others like this.
  11. Nate V

Nate V Member

Friday I picked up my new humpback dragon puffer. Love that fish already. Hope to add a few others into our 75 in the future
    Scott Wiersema and Physarum like this.
  12. hazard

hazard Active Member

i got a 1.5" Parachromis managuensis(jaguar cichlid) at Petco in Janesville. I have no reason for having this but I haven't had a tank buster in the fishroom in a while. I had these 25yrs ago in college. mean bastards

btw the tanks and fish looked very healthy with a good selection. I talked to the young guy that takes care of the fish department and I would say he takes pride in the appearance and health of the fish.

Chris
    Physarum likes this.
  13. pogues

pogues Member

Convicts again
  14. hazard

hazard Active Member

6 Lamprologus Heliantus for the gcca swap yesterday
    Scott Wiersema, Ben A and Physarum like this.
  15. Physarum

Physarum Executive Board

I got a bunch of cool stuff at the GCCA swap yesterday- Corydoras atropersonatus I won in a raffle from Nationwide Aquatics, a breeding pair of Lophiobagrus cyclurus African bullhead catfish, a breeding group of 10 Cyprichromis leptosoma Mpulungu, three more sultan L264 plecos, baby Mesoheros festae, baby Thorichthys aureus, baby Neolamprologus tretocephalus, two pair of Corydoras oiapoquensis, two black angelfish, seven small koi angelfish, neat "purple magenta" guppies, eight Brochis splendens, six white clouds, and the mandatory gold nugget pleco. Oh, and a few plants. Stopped by Petco on the way home and got six more ten gallon tanks. The new fishroom is starting to fill up.

And a pair of rams from Tristan - I knew I was forgetting something.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  16. Megan

Wow! You go girl!

Physarum likes this.
  17. Ben A

Ben A Member

6 zoogoneticus tequila rio teuchitlan, and a pair of skiffia multipunctata lago de camecuaro (lambert 1990) from Andrew Piorkowski at the gbas speaker event today. Also got some cryptoheros cutteri from Steve.
    Scott Wiersema likes this.
  18. Physarum

Physarum Executive Board

The MAS auction yesterday was full of top-dollar water sprite and gold-plated pairs of mosaic guppies. I did manage to come away with Corydoras concolor, CW69, CW49, two common plecos (with basic writing skills), Celebes halfbeaks, and a couple expensive plants (like $10 clumps of naja grass and hornwort).
    Scott Wiersema, Megan and Ben A like this.
  19. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

12 neon tetras, 8 blueberry botias, and 2 green spotted puffers.
  20. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

At Tiney Park Reptile Expo Oct. 12-13 weekend

I got 5 species of Newts

Triturus karelini Southern Crested Newts

T.dobrogicus Crested Danube Newts

Triturus carnifex Italian Crested newts

Hypselotriton cyanurus Blue tailed Fire bellied Newt

Ichthyosaura alpestris apuanus Apuanus Alpine Newts

Look these up these species many are very attractive especially breeding mode. The crested grow big dorsal fins only during breeding and then lose to regrow next year.
    Physarum, Ben A and SteveS like this.