Yellow lab and demasoni

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by power, Jan 3, 2019.

1. power

power Member

im Growing out my first batch of fry , are they worth selling for a few bucks or ???
  2. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Yes, Demasoni seem to dissapear now and then so it is nice to keep some some around incase someone is searching for them. You can make a little on them or trade for new fish. yelo labs are common but people still want them from private breeders. Both fry can be grown up in the same tank together. A 10 gallon is fine to grow them to an inch utill you sell them if its under 30 fry. You could probably get $4-5 for a 1 inch Demasoni and $2-3 for a 1 inch yelow lab. Or take them to a local fish auction and who knows, you might get a bit more.
  3. power

power Member

I have a 125 with labs and damasori . I put a holding lab in a twenty long and have 17 fry from her and put her back in the 125 and I just noticed a female damasori holding so I tossed her in the 20 long with the lab fry and she’s not far from realizing. So I might trade them when there bigger
  4. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

Labs and Demasoni will probably cross breed as they are both mbuna. You shouldn't sell hybrids.
  5. power

power Member

If they do , I won’t . I just came to ask a question about selling or now trading as I don’t care about money just about possibly if people would want the fish when they came to a desired size. Being animart wants $15 just for a lab . Also Megan first thing not to do is tell a person right off the batt NO . I understand hybrids are not desirable.
  6. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

"No" is a great word. I like it a lot. FYI, she did not use that word.