Horticulture Award Program
Introduction and rules
The MAAH Horticulture Awards Program (HAP) is to encourage the cultivation and distribution of a wide variety of plants within the club. HAP submissions are open only to MAAH members in good standing. The following documents explain the rules, point values for each plant, show which plants are not allowed, and show a list of all plants submitted so far and the standings for the current HAP year.
- Horticulture-Awards-Program-Rules (PDF)
- Alphabetic-HAP-Points-Values (PDF showing value of each plant type)
- Invasive plants (not allowed) (PDF)
- Current HAP Standings (Google document)
Submitting an entry for HAP points
Fill out the form below to submit a plant or proof-of-flowering for HAP points. Note that you will be asked to upload at least one photo of your actual plant so the HAP committee can verify it’s the species you believe it to be. A cell phone photo is fine. You’ll need to upload the photo with the form, and can use the photo again for your (separate) auction listing.
The form can be submitted in either of these scenarios:
- You can demonstrate that an aquatic plant has begun flowering while in your custody. In this case, the form can be submitted at any time.
- You are donating a physical plant that you propagated at home to a MAAH auction (in person or online) and want to earn points towards HAP levels and certificates. If you are bringing the plant to an in person meeting, please submit this form at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. Whether the auction is in person or online, you must ALSO fill out an auction entry separately from submitting this HAP form.