GENERAL INFORMATION (BUYING AND SELLING)
MAAH uses MyGroupAuctions.com to run its auctions.
If you plan on buying or selling items at the auction, you will need to register and associate yourself with our group, “Madison Area Aquatic Hobbyists”.
Within the first week of each month, the auction for that month’s upcoming meeting will be posted (An announcement will also be made on the forum once the auction is posted). Once the auction is posted, sellers can upload items using the icon, and items up for sale can be viewed using the icon.
Note: Only the nearest upcoming auction will be available to add items. Once an auction has passed items can no longer be added to it.
RULES FOR SELLING ITEMS
- Each item being sold must have the seller’s name listed in the description on MyGroupAuctions.com.Each seller is limited to a maximum of
- 15 lots per auction.
- Only 2 lots of the same species(or variants of a species) or non-live goods may be entered per seller.
- All fish must be bagged properly: Ziplock bags or breather bags are not acceptable for fish or invertebrate entries.
- Buckets with a bag liner and closing lid are acceptable for large fish.
- Labels are required for all items being sold. Each label should be clearly written or typed, and have the following information:Lot number, assigned from MyGroupAuctions.com, and species of fish or invertebrate, or description of non-live item.
- Quantity of item.
- Seller’s contact information.
- Note that labels can be printed on MyGroupAuctions.com.
- Improperly bagged fish will be re-bagged at a cost of $2 per bag.
If you wish to donate proceeds for any of your entries being sold in the auction, be sure to include the word “Donation” in the description AND check the box marked “Donation”.