Community Co-Works Suite (3rd floor)
2711 Allen Blvd
- 10:30am -11:45am check-in
- Please come as close to 10:30am as possible if you need help registering and entering your items.
We will not be able to assist in entering items after 11:45am.
Auction starts at 12pm sharp.
- Go to https://mygroupauctions.com
- Register and then add Madison Area Aquatic Hobbyists as your group.
- Select the 2022 MAAH Fall Auction
- Click on the great Plus sign to the right of the auction name
- Click on the “Add Item” button and then fill out your item information.
(The lot #, number of items in the lot, age reference, scientific name, variety, common name, your name and contact information.)
You do not need to be a member to buy or sell in this auction.
GENERAL INFORMATION (BUYING AND SELLING)
MAAH uses MyGroupAuctions.com to run its in-person auctions.
If you plan on buying or selling items at the auction, you will need to register and associate yourself with our group, “Madison Area Aquatic Hobbyists.”
Follow the prompt. After registering for the application, the User Guide located at the top of the page will show you how to enter items into the auction.
If you are unable to pre-register with MyGroupAuctions before the auction, PLEASE ARRIVE AS CLOSE TO 10:30 AM AS POSSIBLE…. especially if you are a seller with bags to enter.
There will be someone available to assist you in registering and entering your lots.
RULES FOR SELLING ITEMS
- After the CLEARLY PRINTED lot number assigned by MyGroupAuctions and the following information is securely affixed securely to the lot, you may place your lots on the tables indicated with a number 0 – 9. The last number of the lot corresponds to which table to place the items on.Each lot MUST BE CLEARLY LABELED IN THIS ORDER with the lot #, number of items in the lot, age reference, scientific name, variety, common name, your name and contact information.
- Each seller is limited to a maximum of 50 lots, not more than 5 lots of any one species/variety or non-live goods.
- All live items must be bagged properly:
- Animals should be double-bagged;
- Plants should NOT be bagged with water;
- There will be a $2.00 re-bagging fee deducted from the seller commissions for any item that must be re-bagged;
- Ziplock bags, plastic containers with snap-on lids, bags closed with twist ties, or breather bags are NOT acceptable for any animal!
- Mislabeled or unreadable labels that cannot be attributed to a specific seller will become donations to the auction.
- Items cannot be removed from the auction after they have been checked-in.
RULES FOR HOW THE AUCTION WILL RUN
- MAAH uses the 10-table system with tables numbered 0 – 9. The last digit of each item number corresponds to the table that the item is sorted onto. The sequence in which tables will be auctioned of will be announced at the start of the auction.
- Each seller will be given one priority bag marker (a sticker) per 25 bags during check-in. The seller can mark any bag that they want to advance to the beginning of the auction as “seller priority bag.”
- Priority bag markers may be purchased for $2.00 each. Each person is limited to five priority bag markers. No priority bag markers will be sold until after the second table has sold. Bags that are called up with a priority marker will be placed on the expediter’s table but are not guaranteed to go across the block at any specific time.
- The first items auctioned will be donations and seller priority lots.
- The Auctioneer is in charge of selling auction lots, and the decisions of the Auctioneer are final.
- Anyone deemed to be purposefully attempting to delay, disrupt, or otherwise affect the auction will be ejected.
- MAAH is not responsible for incorrectly identified special or varieties being sold, or the organisms’ health. If the organism is obviously mislabeled, the Auctioneer may announce the mistake, but is not obligated to do so. 8) All sales are final. 9) This is a 70/30 split auction, with 70% of the lots sale price going to the seller and 30% going to MAAH.